- 1 thin whole wheat tortilla (lebanese style) – or substitute gluten-free version
- 2-3 Tbs tomato sauce/paste/pizza sauce/roasted red pepper spread
- 1.5 oz goat mozzarella, grated3-4 cups baby spinach or kale
- 1 clove garlic, pressed/minced
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- 2 eggs
- chilli flakes/hot sauce to taste
This is a fun kid-friendly breakfast idea and crowd-pleaser. Pizza for breakfast?! Plus, it’s a great way to get in 2 servings of veggies at the top of the day!
Preheat oven to broil. Lightly toast bottom of tortilla over gas open flame or in large fry pan. Place on parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet. Spread sauce over it. Heat 1 cm of water in the bottom of same large pan. Toss in spinach/kale and cook until wilted, then drain and squeeze out moisture. Spread greens over pizza and top with sliced mushrooms, garlic & ½ the cheese. Dry out your pan and reheat. Add tiny bit of oil or butter and fry two eggs until just starting to set but not cooked through. Gently lift each egg onto pizza. Top with remaining cheese and chilis if desired. Broil in oven for several minutes to finish.