Leftovers = Burrata & Tempeh Pizza (6 slices)
- 1 serving leftover ginger-mustard glazed tempeh
- 1 spelt pizza crust (in the refrigerator section)
- 1 ball fresh burrata (cream-filled buffalo mozzarella)
- 2-3 c baby spinach
- ½ c leftover spicy mushroom sauté
- ¼ c tomato sauce
- ½ tsp ea dried oregano, basil
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves (or additional dried herbs)
- 1 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 475 F. Meanwhile assemble pizza on large baking sheet. Using a hand blender (or food processor), combine dried herbs, leftover mushrooms and tomato sauce. Use silicone/pastry brush to lightly brush entire surface of crust with olive oil. Top with about ½ cup of sauce (reserve rest for other use), then spinach. Slice burrata and spread evenly over pizza. Slice tempeh into ½ cm thick chunks and add on top. Finish with fresh or dried basil. Reduce oven to 425 F and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melting and starting to bubble. Finish on broil for 1-2 mins if desired. Then use pizza cutter to slice into 6 pieces. Serve hot with a simple salad of arugula and radicchio and balsamic dressing and a glass of red wine. Leftovers never tasted so good!
Nutrition Facts (per slice): 260 kcal, 14.5 g fat, 24.6 g carbohydrates (4.8 g dietary fibre, 3.7 g sugar), 25.4 g protein, Vit A* 27%, Vit C* 15%, Calcium* 7%, Iron, 13%.
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet.